If you are passionate about gardening, it’s natural for you to look for effective tactics to keep your garden in the best of health. Applying mulch around the roots of the trees happens to be one of the most effective and efficient strategies in this regard. Mulching helps to prevent various plant diseases, warding off pests, and maintains favorable soil conditions. Being a well-established company offering landscaping services, we, at Green Image Landscaping and Tree Services, Inc. can get your mulching requirements covered. Our services are highly comprehensive, and we take adequate care to ensure that our clients benefit fully from our services.
What Types of Mulch Do We Offer?
Our commitment and professional competence have helped us develop an extensive client base. Naturally, each client has a unique set of requirements. We cater to all of them effectively by providing them with the right types of mulch for their gardens. You must understand that while mulch is beneficial, each type of mulch has a specific purpose. Some of the mulches we offer our customers are:
- Wood mulch: By-products of the lumber and paper industries such as bark, wood chips, and nuggets make excellent organic mulch. Usually, softwood mulch is used around large shrubs and trees while hardwood mulch is applied around perennial beds.
- Cocoa chips: Cocoa chips are a relatively expensive option. However, they are quite versatile in terms of functionality and you may use them for any planting area. Generally, it is advisable to use cocoa mulch only once a year.
- Leaf mulch: Often used around trees and shrubs and in garden beds, leaf mulch is easy to obtain. For perennial beds and vegetable gardens, grass clippings are a better choice.
- Straw mulch: For newly seeded lawns, straw mulch is the best choice. It effectively covers the ground and prevents the rain from washing away the seeds. Another feature that makes straw mulch suitable for this purpose is that it keeps away various pests, rodents, and birds.
- Newspaper mulch: Often used to suppress the growth of weeds, newspaper mulch is another popular choice. One can also use natural and unprocessed cardboard for this purpose.
- Inorganic mulch: Inorganic mulches like gravel, landscape fabric, and rubber provide relatively long-term solutions as they do not decompose easily. However, they do not add any nutrients to the soil, and in some cases, even harm it.
With such a wide range of mulching solutions to choose from, chances to get confused are high. We are here to help you with valuable advice.
What Are the Benefits of Mulching?
If you adhere to the professional approach, mulching presents a variety of benefits for the garden. Some of the most important reasons for using mulch are:
- Retaining soil moisture
- Maintaining an even temperature around the roots
- Fertilizing the soil
- Enhancing the beauty of the garden
- Weed and pest control.
One simply cannot overstate the importance of mulching in a garden. Hiring professional landscape artists to apply mulch would certainly benefit you.
Why Is It Necessary to Hire A Professional?
While mulching is beneficial, over-mulching or using the wrong mulch can prove to be counterproductive. An experienced professional would be able to mulch your garden without any adverse effects on your plants. To hire our mulching services, call Green Image Landscaping and Tree Services, Inc. at 561-306-7302.